Thursday, October 9, 2008

Embrace the Person Inside

This is Down Syndrome Awareness month. I didn't even know it existed until about a week ago. I think it's a step in the right direction because so many people still harbor misconceptions about DS.

Kids with DS are like kids without DS. They like to run and play. They laugh, cry, and get mad. They have favorite toys, songs, and TV shows. They have talents. They also have some challenges, but what kid, or adult for that matter, doesn't? We all struggle with something. Wouldn't it be nice if we all looked pass each other's struggles and embraced the person inside? The world would certainly be a better place.

In celebration of Down Syndrome Awareness month I am working on a short movie about my son that I plan to post to YouTube. I'll keep you updated in case you'd like to view it.

No comments: